We are delighted that you would like to report on SPIEL. With our accreditation guidelines, we would like to grant press access to journalists, as well as bloggers, YouTubers and podcasters, who deal with the topic of board games. Please observe the below accreditation guidelines in this regard.
Access requirements SPIEL ’21
2021, we as organizers must ensure contact tracing for all persons entering the exhibition grounds. It is also not yet clear whether access restrictions will apply to SPIEL ’21 in October. We ask for your understanding if for this reason we have to handle press passes differently than you have been used to in the past.
Access to the exhibition grounds will only be granted to the following persons:
- Persons who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 with a vaccine approved by the European Union and whose last required vaccination was at least 14 days ago, or
- Persons, who have had recovered following a positive PCR test result for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus infection more than six months previously and who have received at least one vaccination against Covid-19 with a vaccine approved by the European Union and whose last vaccination was at least 14 days ago, or
- Persons who have recovered following a positive PCR test result for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus infection at least 28 days and not more than six months previously; or
- Persons who have tested negative for coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, who can provide written or electronic certification/proof of a negative test result from a point-of-care (PoC) antigen test (rapid test) or PCR test for coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 infection performed within the previous 48 hours.
Children aged 6 years and above: Contrary to the Coronaschutzverordnung (Coronavirus Protection Ordinance) of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, a negative test result must also be submitted for children aged 6 years and above (if not vaccinated or having recovered). As there are school holidays in many federal states during the event period, a pupil ID card will not be accepted as proof of regular testing on the part of the schools.
The proof of vaccination, recovery or testing must be in the form of an EU Digital COVID Certificate with QR code (e.g., digital vaccination certificate). This can also be presented in printed form for scanning. Further information on the EU Digital COVID Certificate can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en
Persons who cannot provide proof of COVID-19 immunization or a valid negative test in the form of an EU Digital Covid Certificate can be tested in a testing center.
Foreign visitors and exhibitors who have been fully vaccinated in their home countries with a vaccine valid in the EU can have their vaccination certificate converted into an EU Digital COVID Certificate before the start of the event. There is a charge for the conversion per vaccination. Please note that if you have received two vaccine doses, you must submit both – the first and second vaccination – for conversion. Click here to go to the pharmacist’s order page: www.vaccert.apotheken.ruhr. Please use the password: ARG2021
Furthermore, a medical grade protective face mask covering mouth and nose (“surgical mask”) is mandatory for visitors and exhibitors at SPIEL ’21. Children aged 6 years and above must also wear the same type of face mask. Since everyone’s health is our top priority, we unfortunately cannot accept any medical certificates for exemption from the mask requirement.
For general contact tracing purposes, access is only possible with a personalized ticket. Tickets are therefore not transferable and can only be bought online.
Please have a photo ID ready at the entrance in addition to your admission ticket and your EU Digital COVID Certificate.
If you are suffering from acute, non-specific general symptoms, cold symptoms, or respiratory symptoms, you will unfortunately be excluded from participating in the event.
If you enter Germany from another country, please ensure you observe the applicable entry requirements (e.g. quarantine and testing).
Please note that the access requirements may still change until the start of the fair due to adjustments of the Coronaschutzverordnung (Corona Protection Ordinance) of North Rhine-Westphalia.
The complete hygiene concept for SPIEL ’21 can be found here.
Since contact tracing must be ensured for all persons on the exhibition grounds, it is necessary that you register in advance. For this purpose, please provide your full contact details as well as the days on which you would like to visit SPIEL. Please note that the personalized press tickets will be day tickets and are only valid for the day for which they have been issued. If you are unable to attend and do not need your press tickets after all, we urge you to notify us so that we can allocate the ticket contingent that has become free to someone else.
Accreditation is granted exclusively for the purpose of reporting on the event SPIEL.
Press accreditation for SPIEL is awarded to:
Journalists with a valid press pass
- Journalists with a valid press pass from their home country who can present an editorial assignment (original letter heading) from their chief editor relating to the current fair. The article on SPIEL is to be placed at the disposal of the organiser upon completion. Please mail us the corresponding link after the event to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to limit the number of press tickets per print medium.
As a reporter, you can be accredited until September 30, 2021. After that date, accreditations will only be possible for daily print media as well as television and radio broadcasters. We would like to ask these journalists to contact us after this date by phone at +49 (0)228/342273 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
From Monday, 11.10.2021, we will be located in the Essen exhibition halls. Here you can reach us in urgent cases by phone at +49 (0)201/7244-800.
Accreditation for YouTubers, bloggers and podcasters, as well as the authors of online magazines
The prerequisites for the accreditation of online journalists, such as bloggers, YouTubers, podcasters and the authors of online magazines are:
- Permanent topicality and significant access numbers comparable with those of professional online magazines produced by full-time editorial departments and publishers.
- The channel, blog or online magazine must be aligned mainly and directly to the theme of the fair.
- If you wrote a report on last year’s SPIEL or SPIEL.digital, please send us the corresponding link for review.
- If you did not report on SPIEL ’19 or SPIEL.digital, you can draft a preliminary report on SPIEL ’21 in order to qualify for accreditation.
- The goal of your inquiry should be to produce a comprehensive report about the exhibition SPIEL.
Accreditation is limited to a maximum of two persons per online medium.
Please note that we can only grant accreditation to online media up to three weeks before the start of the fair due to the extra expense and effort involved.
Please do us the favour of using the hashtag #SPIEL21 for your reporting.
Main reasons for the rejection of accreditation applications:
- Access numbers to your internet medium are too low.
- No regular contributions can be recognised.
- Your website does not have enough content on the subject of board games.
- You write game reviews without reporting on SPIEL as an event.
- We received your accreditation request too late.
Our accreditation form is available upon request. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be able to check your request, please also send us your supporting documents (webserver statistics, articles, press pass etc.) by email.
At SPIEL ’21 you will find us in hall 3 at booth 3H100, where we will be happy to assist you personally. During the fair you can reach us under the telephone number +49 (0)201/7244-800.
Friedhelm Merz Verlag
(Organiser SPIEL ’21)