We are delighted that you would like to report on SPIEL. With our accreditation guidelines, we would like to grant press access to journalists, as well as bloggers, YouTubers and podcasters, who deal with the topic of board games. Please observe the below accreditation guidelines in this regard.
Accreditation is granted exclusively for the purpose of reporting on the event SPIEL.
Press accreditation for SPIEL is awarded to:
Journalists with a valid press pass
- Journalists with a valid press pass from their home country who can present an editorial assignment (original letter heading) from their chief editor relating to the current fair. The article on SPIEL is to be placed at the disposal of the organiser upon completion. Please mail us the corresponding link after the event to email@example.com. We reserve the right to limit the number of press tickets per print medium.
Accreditation for YouTubers, bloggers and podcasters, as well as the authors of online magazines
The prerequisites for the accreditation of online journalists, such as bloggers, YouTubers, podcasters and the authors of online magazines are:
- Permanent topicality and significant access numbers comparable with those of professional online magazines produced by full-time editorial departments and publishers.
- The channel, blog or online magazine must be aligned mainly and directly to the theme of the fair.
- If you wrote a report on last year’s SPIEL, please send us the corresponding link for review.
- If you did not report on SPIEL ’21, you can draft a preliminary report on SPIEL ’22 in order to qualify for accreditation.
- The goal of your inquiry should be to produce a comprehensive report about the exhibition SPIEL.
Accreditation is limited to a maximum of two persons per online medium.
Please note that we can only grant accreditation to online media up to two weeks before the start of the fair due to the extra expense and effort involved.
Please do us the favour of using the hashtag #SPIEL22 for your reporting.
Main reasons for the rejection of accreditation applications:
- Access numbers to your internet medium are too low.
- No regular contributions can be recognised.
- Your website does not have enough content on the subject of board games.
- You write game reviews without reporting on SPIEL as an event.
- We received your accreditation request too late.
Our accreditation form will be available on request from August. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be able to check your request, please also send us your supporting documents (webserver statistics, articles, press pass etc.) by email.
At SPIEL ’22 you will find us in hall 3 at booth 3H100, where we will be happy to assist you personally. During the fair you can reach us under the telephone number +49 (0)201/7244-800.
Friedhelm Merz Verlag
(Organiser SPIEL ’22)